POSITION: Senior Strategist
AgencySacks is seeking a proactive, consultative Senior Strategist to lead strategy development and champion client and consumer insights across accounts. The strategist works closely with account managers, the creative team, and clients to define client goals and drive insights that shape project solutions. The strategist should be a progressive thinker who can own the detailed requirements gathering and definition process by leveraging an understanding of consumer and technology trends, media channels, the competitive landscape, and customer insights. The strategist then supports the creative team in defining unique solutions that ultimately yield an integrated brand experience. This is an opportunity to help shape important brands and drive impact in a high exposure role.
AgencySacks is a boutique agency located in Manhattan focusing on marketing for high-end brands in the consumer goods, real estate, and travel industries. Leveraging a keen understanding of the subtle rational and emotional drivers that guide purchasing decisions, we use sound strategy and exceptional creative to elevate our clients’ brands and drive desire. Past and current clients include Cartier, Diageo, Leading Hotels, Related Real Estate, American Express, and Wüsthof Knives, among many, many others.
- Eliciting and capturing user and business requirements for solution design
- Conceiving, researching, presenting, and implementing high-level integrated strategies based on client objectives and target audiences
- Working with the client and the account team to identify the business goals of our clients and align the strategy with their objectives
- Providing user and client insights by information gathering through primary and secondary research. Ability to creatively use a mix of tools to uncover deep, data-driven insights; experience designing, conducting, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative audience research
- Coordinate internal and external resources in implementing research projects
- Building successful relationships and identifying new opportunities with existing clients and business units
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to seek creative ideas and provide input, ensure all ideas meet business objectives
- Developing and delivering high quality, compelling client presentations, new business presentations, POVs, and briefs (internal and external)
- Keeping ahead of the latest trends to implement best practices and promote client understanding of emerging concepts, trends, technologies, and their potential benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 6+ years of related experience (marketing strategy, planning, etc.); agency experience preferred
- Highly experienced in driving strategic thought leadership: defining consumer insights, developing and shaping positioning territories, brand personas, activations, etc.
- Areas of experience: Secondary research, primary research methods, segmentation, targeting, business strategy, creative strategy, marketing strategy, social media engagement strategy, digital content strategy
- Understanding of integrated capabilities including print, digital, OOH, social, and broadcast; expertise in aligning marketing strategies with business needs
- Exceptional writing, research, and documentation talents
- Strong presentation skills. Communicates clearly and with confidence, exhibits proficiency in deck design and organization
- Proven leadership ability with excellent client management and interpersonal skills. Can work well independently as well as in cross-functional teams to formulate creative solutions to challenges
- Experience managing and coordinating multiple strategic projects as well as senior team members
- Drive and organization to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with the complete Microsoft office suite and Apple IOs, specifically keynote
Interested and qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter explaining their experience and why they are a great fit, along with a link or PDF containing a writing sample (under 10MB) to email@example.com.